Quiche doesn’t have to be heavy, soggy, or greasy. It’s possible to have a light tasting quiche that is also creamy and full of flavorful ingredients! This quiche is quite simple to make and excellent for any meal of the day. With fresh dill and feta, it really lightens up the flavor and is lower in fat than other types of quiche. Serve with a side salad and some bread for an elegant but simple meal.
Time: 75 mins
Yield: 1 quiche (6 servings)
1 pre-baked pie crust
4 large eggs
1/2 cup cream
1 small onion, diced finely
2 cloves garlic, diced finely
400g (14oz) of frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
2 tsp olive oil
75g (2.5 oz) feta chopped into small cubes
2 sprigs of fresh dill
1 heaped tsp french mustard
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C (350F)
2. Heat up a frying pan to medium heat and sautee the onion and garlic in the olive oil until aromatic and slightly browned.
3. Take the onion and garlic off the heat and let cool. In the meantime, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, dill, and french mustard.
4. Once the onion and garlic have cooled, stir it into the egg/cream mixture.
5. In the pie crust, spread the spinach across the bottom evenly. Top with the feta cubes, spread evenly. Then pour the egg/cream mixture on top and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway through, or until it feels firm to the touch and a knife comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 15 minutes before eating.