I have to toot my own horn here and say this is the best cookie recipe I’ve concocted thus far. They’re crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and are wholesome yet decadent. I used less butter than some other chocolate chip cookie recipes, and therefore the cookies don’t spread out much and aren’t as dense.
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
115g ( 1/2 cup, 1 stick) salted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate if you prefer)
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C (375F)
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda.
3. In a separate large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs until the dough is creamy.
4. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes and then remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.