There is a lot going on with these cookies, and all of it is good. I have to toot my own horn here and say this is the best cookie recipe Iâ€™ve concocted thus far. Theyâ€™re crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and are wholesome yet decadent. I used less butter than some other chocolate chip cookie recipes, and therefore the cookies donâ€™t spread out much and arenâ€™t as dense.
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flourâ€¨
1 teaspoon baking sodaâ€¨
1/2 cup (115 grams, 1 stick) salted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugarâ€¨
1/2Â cup packed brown sugarâ€¨
1 teaspoon vanilla extractâ€¨
2 large eggsâ€¨
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup oats
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C (375F)
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda.
3. In a separate large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs until the dough is creamy.
4. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.Â Stir in the oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.Â Cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes and then remove the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.