Here’s an easy recipe for fluffy dinner rolls you can make in your bread machine. I’d been looking all over for a bread recipe that yielded light, fluffy rolls. If you’re a fan of crusty bread, this is not for you! These are slightly sweet, light as air, and make a great addition to the dinner table.
Time: 120 min
Yield: 12 rolls
1 cup of warm water
28 grams (2 US tablespoons) of softened butter
3 1/4 cups flour (bread flour or all-purpose “plain” flour will do)
1/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
3 teaspoons of quick-acting active dry yeast
1. Add the ingredients to your bread machine in the order it specifies.
2. Set the bread machine to the “dough” setting. Usually about 1-1.5 hours depending on your machine.
3. When the dough is done, put it on a lightly floured surface and break it into 12 rolls.
4. Cover the rolls with a towel and let them sit for approximately 30 minutes, they should rise another 50% or so.
5. When the dough is almost done, rising pre-heat your oven to 190C/375F (or 180C fan forced).
6. Put the rolls onto greased parchment paper and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through. They’re done when they’re evenly browned and feel a bit hollow to the touch.
*This recipe was inspired by one from Tastykitchen.com, but I’ve made some tweaks!